You are encouraged to read the entire announcement before you submit your application package. Your application may not receive full consideration if you do not follow the instructions as outlined.Learn more about this agency
These positions are located in the Washington, DC Commuting Area within one of our bureaus or independent offices within the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
As Democracy Specialist, your duties will include:
- Serving as an expert advisor and technical authority on complex and precedent-setting issues in democracy, rights and/or governance (DRG);
- Providing technical advice and assistance to USAID Bureaus and missions, relevant US Government agencies, host-country personnel and other stakeholders by conducting program analysis, formulating strategy, making project recommendations, designing evidence-based new programs or redesigning ongoing ones;
- Preparing or reviewing concept papers and other documents and facilitating internal Bureau and Agency-level review and approval;
- Reviewing and providing input into Country Development Cooperation Strategies (CDCS), governance-related Development Objectives (DOs), Project Appraisal Documents (PADs) and program descriptions/statements of work;
- Serving as a project manager or alternate for DRG projects, including highly political and sensitive projects within Bureaus and performing the full range of project management functions; and
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and information networks with other donors, implementing partners, inter-agency colleagues, and other international institutions to maintain currency in innovations, approaches and trends and to facilitate their participation, partnership, and understanding of USAID programs.
50% or less - Travel may vary depending on the needs of the Office that selects you, but will not exceed 30% of the your time
14 - The full performance level of these positions is the GS-14 grade level.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562200900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.