Clinical Operations Manager (COM) may be assigned to the clinics located in Portland, Vancouver, Camp Rilea, Bend, Salem, Fairview, The Dalles, West Linn, Community Resource Referral Center (CRRC), or Hillsboro. The COM reports to the Nursing Director or the Assistant Nursing Director for Primary Care. COM provides leadership in delivering & improving holistic care to patients through collaborative strategies. The COM may provide direct patient care with the Primary Care Division.Learn more about this agency
COM duties are but not limited to:
- Provides care and counseling of persons or in the promotion and maintenance of health and prevention of illness and injury
- Gathers data, assessment
- Demonstrates leadership in delivering and improving holistic care through collaborative strategies with others
- Administers medications and treatments prescribed by a licensed or otherwise legally authorized provider
- Evaluates human responses to actual or potential health problems through such services as case finding, health teaching, health counseling; provision of care supportive to or restorative of life and well-being; and executing medical regimens
- Supervises and evaluates day-to-day activities, nursing proficiencies, competency of the Assistant Clinical Operations Manager if assigned, Nurse Care Managers (NCM), and other professional and ancillary support staff assigned to the clinic
- Accountable for awards, recognition, and disciplinary actions of staff
- Plans and manages clinic staffing (including hiring/terminations to meet patient care needs, to achieve cost-effective operations and meet productivity goals
- Assesses, maintain, and improve competence and professional role of staff members which includes providing staff development opportunities and facilitating research and evidence-based practice.
- Provide oversight of the Primary Care Value Stream Rapid Process Improvement Initiatives and standard work at assigned clinic
- Monitor various quality metrics
- Participate and resolve any issues found during Joint Commission Surveys, Environmental of Care (EOC), Office of Inspector General (OIG), Primary Care VISN site visits, Hand Hygiene, and Walkabouts
- Utilize, understand, and educate staff regarding various datasets (VSSC, SAIL, EQM, HEDIS) and care coordination registries Diabetes (OM), Hypertension (HTN), Cardio Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) to improve patient care outcomes
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to improve patient outcomes
- Collaborates with facility safety manager and emergency preparedness coordinator to organize and implement clinic safety plans and emergency stand downs
- Coordinate with facility leaser to report issues or concerns with building maintenance
- Incorporate Whole Health principles into patient care and staff education.
- Practices good customer service in all work activities, treating veterans, their families/representatives, visitors, and other employees in a courteous, tactful, and respectful manner
- Protects printed and electronic files containing sensitive data in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act of 1974 and other applicable laws, federal regulations, VA statutes and policy, and VHA policy
- Embraces a continuous culture of safety for veterans, their families, visitors, and other employees
- Reports safety hazards, accidents and injuries.
- Demonstrates infection control practices for disease prevention, i.e., hand washing, standard precautions, and isolation procedures, including TB requirement precautions
- Fosters a high profile of the VA Occupational Safety and Health Program by assuring employee awareness of potential safety hazards, promptly reporting all injuries and ensures supervisors are effective in corrective actions necessary to eliminate safety and health hazards in the work area.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/562166100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.