This position provides case management for patient follow up for continuity of care for patients for all ages with chronic illnesses and those sent to other facilities on Contract funding/Purchase Referred Care. This position is located at Indian Health Service (IHS), Navajo Area Indian Health Service (NAIHS), Gallup Indian Medical Center (GIMC), Division of Nursing Services, Emergency Room, Gallup, NM..Learn more about this agency
- Works closely and communicates with providers, nurses, social services and other disciplinary team to update on patient care activities.
- Develops and maintains disease specific registries for various patient with chronic illnesses.
- Arranges specialty appointments and procedures for patients at other facilities; coordinates appropriate patient appointments for follow ups at Gallup Service Unit (GSU) upon discharges from Non-IHS Facilities. Must be able to work with the various alternate resources, includes Purchased Referred Care (PRC).
- Organizes patient information, i.e., referral medical care documents, appropriate lab or x-ray information; documents of Public Health Nursing referrals or home health visits. Review medical information to determine the best plan of care with collaboration with multidisciplinary team.
- Assists with ordering equipment and needed supplies for patients.
- Performs comprehensive professional nursing duties. Performs chart reviews and other data collection and analysis activities clinically related to quality improvement activities.
- Provides health education to patients with targeted illnesses in the form of brochures and direct teaching.
This position is being re-advertised to solicit additional applications. Applicants who applied previously need not reapply unless submitting updated and/or missing information.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/560248400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.