This position is located at one of the various Indian Health Service Hospitals or Clinics under the Navajo Area Office. The primary purpose is to provide a variety of nursing care practices, procedures, and treatments to the care of emergency room/urgent care patients. Providing a full range of assessments of needs planning for care and performance of routing and emergency procedures for patients of all ages.Learn more about this agency
This position will support efforts related to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- Assess, planning, implementing and evaluating the care of patient care needs on the unit and adjusts personnel assignments appropriately, after consulting with the Emergency Room/Urgent Care Department Charge Nurse or Supervisor; assess the delivery of nursing care in the Emergency Room/Urgent Care Department and identifies problems and opportunities for improvement.
- Initiates treatments, medications, emergency and resuscitative measures based on appropriate utilization of standing orders and Emergency Room/Urgent Care Department protocols; operates specialized equipment.
- Administers therapeutic and emergency measures as prescribed by the physician or mid-level provider, such as medications, treatments, procedures, and intravenous fluids, while adhering to current scientific knowledge, principles of safety and infection control.
- Assists in the review and revision of nursing policies and procedures, as directed by the Emergency Room/Urgent Care Supervisor.
- Consults with providers and other health care professionals to coordinate diagnostic and therapeutic regimens for patients; implements nursing interventions based in accordance with patient care standards.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/558646100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.