This position is located at Chinle Service Unit, Division of Quality Management, Chinle, Arizona. This position serves as an Infection Control Specialist. The primary purpose of this position is to coordinate and implement the Infection Control Program by providing clinical leadership and developing plans for the primary interface between the organizational managers and clinicians.Learn more about this agency
This is a re-announcement to solicit additional applicants.
- Provides leadership in the ongoing review and development of clinical practice in compliance to Infection Control regulations; function as an expert clinician and role model in the clinical setting.
- Develops new policies and procedures utilizing current literature in compliance with federal, state, and regulatory standards.
- Monitors and documents performance improvement activities and maintains records and data.
- Analyzes data from reports and initiates appropriate action.
- Assist the housekeeping supervisor with the development and monitoring of hospital infectious waste and issues related to infection prevention. - Serves as a consultant to review Service Unit building plans.
- Reports infectious or communicable diseases to state health organizations.
- Provides comprehensive nursing care to patients and closely observes patients for conditions that may require emergency measures.
- Coordinates Employee health program
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556310500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.