Vacancies are located throughout all VISN 2 campuses of the Veterans Health Administration. This is an open and continuous announcement due to frequently occurring vacancies. The initial cut-off date is 12/31/2020. All applications received by 12/31/2020 will be reviewed and eligible candidates will be referred. Applicants will be reviewed and referred as long as there are vacancies.Learn more about this agency
The salary range for this position is based on the entire salary range (lowest to highest) for VISN 2. The actual salary will be determined by the location of the position and a review by the Nursing Professional Standards Board (NPSB), if applicable.
A list of all nurse pay schedules within VISN 2 can be found on OCHCO's website: https://www.va.gov/ohrm/pay/.
The specific duties of the position will be based on the unit/assignment for which the applicant is selected. General registered nurse duties include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrates proficiency in collecting patient data by interview, examination and review of records systematically; completes the assessment form including bio/psych/social, physical, learning and discharge needs within the required time frame.
- Maintains all practice-specific, specialized competencies and mandatory reviews (unit equipment list, aging, chemotherapy, cancer pain management, clinical information management, 12-lead EKG, chemotherapy safety, code cart/defibrillator (QD) check, management of intravenous devices, skin assessment).
- Provides age-specific care for adults of all ages, particularly the young adult (18-39), the middle adult (40-64), the older adult (65-74) and geriatric (over 80+), which includes the following elements related to the aging process and/or affects the aging process: promotes independence, encourages self-care; involves family or designated caregiver with care; provides any necessary safety measures, and assists patient to cope with and/or compensate for changes affecting mobility, balance, loss of cognition, eyesight, hearing, bones, and skin. Assesses age-specific care requirements, cultural, religious, and gender variables and develops appropriate plan of care.
- Applies advance knowledge and specialized skills in delivery of care to patients with a variety of simple and complex care needs
- Delegate's assignments consistent with personnel's abilities and patient needs.
- Evaluates quality of patient care and initiates quality improvement activities to improve care.
- Applies established standards of care/practice in the development, implementation and evaluation of care plans.
- Documents measurable goals to include teaching and health maintenance in consultation with the provider, patient and family and appropriate health care team members.
- Accurately follows medication and treatment procedures and policies demonstrating knowledge of medication effects and actions.
- Works effectively with patients, families or significant others, as well as with professionals and support personnel.
- Uses automated information system appropriately and maintain security in compliance with medical center policy.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/556270800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.