This position is located in Smithsonian Institution’s Office of Smithsonian Facilities (SF), Office of Safety, Health and Environmental Management (OSHEM). The employee will report to the Associate Director of the Environmental Management Division, Office of Safety, Health and Environmental Management. The employee serves as a senior staff specialist in the development and implementation of SI-wide policy on complex environmental management issues.Learn more about this agency
- Identifies the need for the development of SI policies, procedures, orders, guidelines and training for facilitating SI compliance with environmental management laws and regulations.
- Performs comprehensive studies and develops complex issue papers/reports providing detailed environmental information.
- Provides technical advice and coordinates the development of a program of regular environmental audits of all SI facilities to monitor the progress of necessary corrective actions
- Develops or provides expert guidance and conducts plan reviews of SI construction, renovation, and remodeling projects.
- Maintains current knowledge of the activities and aspects of SI programs and projects that involve or require environmental consideration.
Occasional travel - Some travel is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555816900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.