This position is located with the Bureau of Indian Affairs, Superintendent, Fort Belknap Agency in Harlem, Montana. The Fort Belknap Reservation is located in north central Montana. This resource rich reservation is home to over 6,500 Gros Ventre and Assiniboine enrolled tribal members and contains about 623,000 acres of land within its exterior boundary. There are about 649,628 acres of tribal and allotted surface trust acreage that includes Turtle Mountain Public Domain lands.Learn more about this agency
- Provide leadership for all agency trust programs to foster the effective conservation and utilization of all Indian resources
- Manage the activities of the trust programs to ensure that all programs elements responsible for disbursing federal funds.
- Manage federal trust property adhere to applicable statures, codes, treasury regulations, departmental and Bureau policies
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with tribe(s), individual Indians, Indian lessors, tribal leaders and Office of the Special Trustee - Trust Officer and other Federal programs/officers.
- Review natural resource plans, inter-agency memorandum of understanding, legislation, regulations and policies of natural resources functions to act on behalf of the Bureau and Indian People.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/555124200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.