The National Museum of African American History and Culture's primary purposes are to acquire, maintain and preserve objects which document social, cultural, political, military, technological and scientific developments in the United States related to the African American experience; to conduct research in the field of African American history, to publish findings for all audiences; and interpret historical developments through public exhibits and programs as well as digital content.
Learn more about this agency
The Social Media Specialist will collaborate across all departments and is primarily responsible for planning, executing and analyzing NMAAHC social media strategy through competitive research, social analytics, platform determination, benchmarking, and audience identification to ensure consistency and quality of content across all digital and social media platforms, including;
- creating, editing and publishing daily content that builds meaningful connections and encourages engagement with the museum collections, exhibitions, programming, educational content, web content, and other museum themes and concerns;
- developing social media strategies, managing social media sites, executing social media campaigns, and playing a major role in engaging and educating online and live audiences;
- overseeing content submission requests, changes, updates and post removals;
- participating in long-range and immediate social media planning;
- managing the museum's online brand 24/7 and monitoring to employ a variety of social media services; and
- monitoring NMAAHC collection acquisitions, exhibitions, programs, current events, historic anniversaries and many other sources in order to update and maintain NMAAHC's social media channels.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/551310100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.