This position is located in the Biodiversity Heritage Library (BHL), Smithsonian Libraries (SIL), Smithsonian Institution (SI). The BHL is an international consortium of 23 natural history and botanical libraries organized to digitize the legacy literature of biodiversity and is a component of the Encyclopedia of Life (EOL) program.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent coordinates the activities of the BHL program across the participating BHL libraries. The incumbent is responsible for working with the staff at the 23 BHL libraries, taxonomists, and EOL staff to develop strategies for managing the ongoing work of the BHL. Will also serves on BHL Communications and Outreach Manager, the Field Books Project Manager, and COTR for ongoing technical and design projects.
Incumbent will also preform the following duties:
- Manages and coordinates social media and outreach for the BHL.
- Manages BHL program brand identity in the form of logos, brochures, business cards and other visual identity materials.
- BHL program brand identity in the form of logos, brochures, business cards and other visual identity materials
- Coordinate all BHL and Smithsonian Libraries activities around archival Field Books.
- Create and administer mechanisms for coordinating digitization efforts and funding across the BHL and with other large scanning programs and projects that BHL may partner with.
- Works with BHL Technical Development Team to inform the improvement of BHL user and administrative tools, data architecture, etc.
25% or less - This position my require 25% or less of travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550897300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.