The Risk Manager is a registered nurse accountable for implementing and monitoring actions to evaluate and improve patient care and standards of practice, to reduce risk and conserve resources across disciplines, healthcare lines and services in support of the mission and vision of the Office of Quality Safety & Value and the Medical Center.Learn more about this agency
Duties for the Risk Manger may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the articulation of the Clinical Risk Management Program, Peer Review Process, and Tort Claim Management.
- Assures timely and accurate completion of Peer Reviews, Administrative Investigations, Fact Finding Reviews, and Tort Claim evaluations.
- Coordinates peer reviews to include quality of care issues, tort claims, patient safety issues and reportable events.
- Uses principles of risk management to identify system issues which impact on patient care.
- Develops data collection tools, analyzes results, develops and distributes reports related to clinical improvement.
- Assures effective implementation of the Clinical Risk Management Program and follow up actions required by internal and external review organizations and accrediting bodies for facility wide, service level and/or patient specific programs.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/550022600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.