This position is located in the Actuarial and Product Design Branch, Actuarial Branch, of the Office of the Deputy Administrator for Product Management. The incumbent serves as Chief, Actuarial Branch. The incumbent has responsibility for developing systems to analyze productivity and risk, establishing premium rates and yields, and conducting economic research on supply and demand factors and market prices.Learn more about this agency
- Direct, coordinate and supervise, through subordinate supervisors, the work activities of a staff of professional, administrative and support personnel.
- Develop rates for crop insurance policies and reinsurance agreements.
- Coordinate with Actuarial and Product Design Division and other necessary functional units, in the testing of public acceptance of new and revised crop insurance program features through various media and marketing efforts.
- Schedule and attend meetings, briefings, or needed educational programs to communicate effectively with all crop insurance deliveries, agency personnel or other interested parties on important issues, policies and changes to the FCIC.
- Develop automated systems and databases to analyze productivity and risk; to establish premium rates; to analyze terms of insurance contracts for rating implications; and to extend coverage to crops and areas not previously insured.
- Review work progress and reschedule work as required to meet deadline dates. Establish control measures to provide management with significant data and effect actions to substantially reduce operating costs without degradation of overall operation.
- Establish internal operating policies and procedures. Guide and adjust assigned programs to meet changing needs and requirements. Integrate new programs with the current total program.
- Determine, within budget limitations, the value of resources to be expended on programs; revise priorities and reschedule assignments.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544103900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.