This National Guard position is for a SURFACE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC SUPERVISOR, Position Description Number D129000 and is part of the OH G4 SMO CSMS, Ohio Army National Guard.Learn more about this agency
The purpose of this position is to supervise workers directly or through subordinate leaders and/or supervisors in accomplishing work of the function. Plans work operations of great scope, complexity, and administrative authority.
As a SURFACE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC SUPERVISOR, WS-5801-10, you will perform the following duties:
1) Plans use of subordinate workers, equipment, facilities, and materials on a week-to-week or month-to-month basis. Establishes deadlines, priorities, and work sequences, and plans work assignments based on general work schedules, methods, and policies set by the supervisor. Coordinates work with supporting or related work functions controlled by other supervisors.
2) Assigns tasks to be performed based on readiness and explains work requirements, methods, and procedures. Investigates work related problems such as excessive costs or low productivity and determines causes. Implements corrective actions within their authority to resolve work problems. Recommends solutions to staffing problems, engineering requirements, and work operations directed by other supervisors.
3) Plans and establishes overall leave schedules. Determines training needs of subordinates and arranges for accomplishment. Sets performance standards, and makes formal appraisals of subordinate work performance.
4) Performs non-supervisory work, such as, transporting equipment, performing maintenance tasks, etc.
5) Performs other duties as assigned.
*The above duty description does not contain all details of the official position description. A copy of the entire position description can be found on FASCLASS by searching the position description (PD#: D1290000). https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fasclass.asp
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542325500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.