This National Guard position is for a SURFACE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC LEADER, Position Description Number D1287000 and is part of the OH FMS 11, Ohio Army National Guard.Learn more about this agency
The purpose of this position is to serve as a working leader of three or more Surface Maintenance Mechanics, WG-5801-10. Performs mechanic duties involving maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, inspection, and/or overhaul of a variety of combat, tactical, commercial, and special purpose vehicles and equipment.
As a SURFACE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC LEADER, WL-5801-10, you will perform the following duties:
1) Assigns work orders to specific crewmembers and selects workers for various jobs on the basis of knowledge, skills, and abilities. Passes on to workers instructions received from the supervisor, demonstrates proper work methods, and starts work. Insures that needed plans, blueprints, material, and tools are available, and that needed stock is obtained from supply locations.
2) Assures that there is enough work to keep the work crew busy. Checks work in progress and when finished for compliance with supervisor's instructions, work orders, and established shop procedures on work sequence, procedures, methods and deadlines; and directs or advises other workers to follow supervisor's instructions and to meet deadlines.
3) Troubleshoots, performs maintenance and major repairs on heavy-duty mobile equipment, combat, tactical and automotive vehicles. This may include self-propelled artillery, tracked cargo and personnel carriers, road graders, mobile cranes, front loaders, conveyors, bulldozers, power shovels, compressors, generators, tanks, tracked combat vehicles, sedans, buses, all terrain vehicles, trucks, semi trailers, forklifts, tractors, and accessory equipment.
4) Troubleshoots equipment and diagnoses the cause of mechanical failures by means of visual and auditory checks and/or uses test equipment such as engine analyzers, compression testers, voltmeters, ohmmeters, pressure gauges, and computer diagnostic tools.
5) Performs other duties as assigned.
*The above duty description does not contain all details of the official position description. A copy of the entire position description can be found on FASCLASS by searching the position description (PD#: D1287000). https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fasclass.asp
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542034700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.