THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a WS-5801-14 SURFACE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC SUPERVISOR (TITLE 32), Position Description Number D1296000 in SPMD 6021 and is part of the MO Combined Support Maintenance Shop.Learn more about this agency
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is an Anticipated Permanent Excepted Service position. The tentatively selected individual will not be placed into this position until incumbent vacates the position. This is a non-bargaining position.
- Provided direct input or participated in meetings and/or conferences with engineering, production control, and other personnel involving the initial analysis of long-range work requirements.
- Reviewed immediate and long-range requirements of organizational segments and groups supervised based on workload forecasts, and developed, for approval by superiors, plans for meeting long-range resource requirements.
- Planned the allocation of resources and the distribution of work to subordinate supervisors, and determined the internal plan to be followed by subordinate supervisors in applying those resources to accomplish work operations.
- Participated fully with higher level management officials and staff organizations in studying and developing recommendations concerning changes in specification requirements, work techniques, and standards.
- Revises organizational structures, responsibilities, and relationships; and improvement or modernization of equipment, facility layout, and workflow.
- Assigned and explained work requirements and operating instructions to subordinate supervisors, set deadlines, and established the sequence of work operations to be followed.
- Maintained balanced workloads by shifting assignments, workers, and other resources to achieve the most effective work operations.
- Reviewed and analyzed work accomplishments, cost, and utilization of subordinates to evaluate work progress, control costs, and anticipate and void possible problems by recommending corrective action to superiors.
- Participated with management officials and/or engineering personnel to develop qualitative and/or quantitative work standards.
- Evaluated work operations and reviewed completed work and inspection reports to assure that standards were met.
- Coordinated work operations with the supervisors of other organizations and functions.
- Developed and established internal procedures (e.g., meetings, content, and timing of reports) to be followed by subordinate supervisors to assure effective control and direction of work activities, organizations, and personnel supervised.
- Identified long-range training needs for all levels of subordinate supervisors and workers and submitted justification and funding requests to superiors and arranges for the accomplish of the training.
- Developed, published, and ensured employee compliance with standing operating procedures for the activity supervised.
- Ensured use of quality conformant products through compliance with established materials shelf life programs.
- Ensured all aspects of Force Protection to include physical security, facility and vehicle key control, property accountability, access control and employee protection in accordance with established policies and regulations.
- Ensured subordinates were trained, qualified, and equipped with proper protective equipment, environmental mediation equipment and materials..
- Ensured that employees wore appropriate safety equipment and follow pertinent safety precautions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/540187500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.