This position is responsible for developing, coordinating, conducting, and overseeing data analytics, statistical sampling, predictive and risk modeling, and data mining research efforts to support OIG's mission to promote economy, efficiency, and effectiveness and prevent fraud, waste, and abuse in USDA's programs and operations. The Office of Data Sciences is responsible for developing, coordinating and conducting data analytics to support data-driven administrative decisions.Learn more about this agency
- Overseeing data analytics to include statistical sampling, risk modeling, and data mining research to support OIG?s mission to promote economy, efficiency, and effectiveness and prevent fraud, waste, and abuse in USDAs programs.
- Directly supervises ODS staff, establishes systems for monitoring and measuring program accomplishments, and holds them accountable for the management and administration of their respective functional areas.
- Review current and proposed laws, regulations, publications, USDA and OIG Directives, GAO and OMB guidance, in order to advise senior management of potential or actual changes that may affect OIG operations, policies or procedures.
- Responsible for managing the resources of the division in order to achieve established goals and objectives and assist ODS in meeting pertinent elements of the OIGs strategic plan.
- Participates and leads policy drafting and formulation, to include long-range planning in connection with prospective changes in functions and programs, determinations of projects or program activities to be initiated, dropped, or curtailed.
- Represents the OIG in conferences and negotiations with officials from the Department, representatives from other Federal agencies, Inspectors General, OMB, and Congressional staff on critical matters relating to management and policy issues.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/538819500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.