THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a WG-5801-10 SURFACE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC (TITLE 32), Position Description Number D1194000 in SPMD 6021 and is part of the MO Combined Support Maintenance Shop.Learn more about this agency
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is a Permanent Excepted Service position. This is a bargaining unit position.
- Performs maintenance, troubleshooting, and major repair on heavy-duty mobile equipment, combat, tactical, and automotive vehicles.
- Troubleshoots, repairs and overhauls major systems to include internal combustion engines, turbine engines, automatic and non- automatic transmissions, heavy duty drive line systems, and hydraulic utility systems and controls.
- Repairs a variety of complex major systems to include engines, cross drive or similar multi-system transmissions and a variety of intricate fuel injection systems.
- Troubleshoots equipment and diagnoses the cause of mechanical failures by means of visual and auditory check.
- Removes and disassembles engines and complex major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, and fuel, hydraulic, and oil pressure systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/537837000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.