You are encouraged to read the entire announcement before you submit your application package. Your application may not receive full consideration if you do not follow the instructions as outlined.Learn more about this agency
This position is located at 1717 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC., in the Bureau for Economic Growth, Education and Environment (EGEE), Office of Development Credit.
The Office of Development Credit oversees the Agency’s Development Credit Authority (DCA) which works with investors, local financial institutions, and development organizations to design and deliver investment alternatives that unlock financing for U.S. Government priorities. The incumbent of this position serves as a Financial Management Specialist performing the specific duties and responsibilities listed below and reports to the Office Director.
As a Financial Management Specialist, you will:
- Originate, structure, and assess DCA guarantees in collaboration with the USAID missions and other operating units.
- Coordinate the preparation and/or present the investment proposals to the USAID Credit Review Board Committee; coordinate with bureaus and missions staff in the processing, project approval and obligation process.
- Analyze on-going economic and financial condition of private enterprises, financial sector instruments, financial institutions, macro financial conditions, banking sector development, regulatory/legal environment, and macroeconomic projections in developing and transition countries.
- Prepare subsidy estimates using the OMB’s Credit Subsidy Calculator and conduct annual risk re-estimates and revised cash flow projections on active DCA and non DCA credit portfolios.
- Provide regular and ad hoc financial reports and papers using a wide variety of sources for substantive Agency programs in accordance with the Federal Credit Reform Act of 1990 (FCRA);evaluate private sector businesses’ financial statements and credit worthiness for financial institutions.
- Advise and support bureaus and missions in the project design phase by providing internal constituents with technical expertise, including training, based on interaction with senior level representatives of financial institutions, host-country governments, multilateral and bilateral agencies and the U.S. and
foreign private sectors.
25% or less - At least 25% travel will be required.
13 - Full Performance Level is GS-13
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/537705800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.