VACANCY INFORMATION: Collins, MSLearn more about this agency
CSI, GS-1862-8, SJ-517
Establishment: P522 - Sanderson Farms, Inc. (Processing Div) located in Convington, MS
Work Schedule: 1st Shift, Monday-Friday, 5:03 am-1:33 pm
GS-08: $46,572 to $60,543
- YOU WILL/MAY:
- Ensure that regulated establishments produce a safe product by executing appropriate inspection methods, determining noncompliance with regulatory requirements, documenting noncompliance and initiating enforcement action, where warranted.
- Verify that meat and poultry slaughter and/or processing establishments Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP) and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) Plans meet regulatory requirements.
- Execute Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP) and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) Plans effectively to prevent unsanitary conditions and adulteration of product.
- Perform Hazard Analysis Verification (HAV) under the oversight of the supervisor.
- Review records, observe plant operations and conduct hands-on verification to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and prepare detailed documentation of non-compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Determine when regulatory control action is necessary. You will assess whether the plants corrective or preventative actions are acceptable and effective, if there are trends in noncompliance, or if enforcement action is warranted.
- Conduct regulatory oversight activities inside plants in matters relating to other consumer protections (e.g., economic adulteration and misbranding).
- Have contact with plant managers, owners and others to explain legal and regulatory requirements, discuss operation of the plant's SSOP, HACCP plan and other food safety programs.
- Communicate and defend determinations on non-compliance issues and discuss plans for addressing non-compliance.
- Work with a variety of individuals to resolve problems, clarify differences of interpretation concerning HACCP and other food safety or consumer protection requirements.
- Advise other Agency inspectors, supervisors and officers on inspection and enforcement matters for which you are involved.
- Conduct various samplings, surveys and tests to obtain pertinent data on potential problem areas, industry trends, or other issues of current interest to the Agency.
- Be involved in performing health and safety verification sampling and tests for detection of specific microbes (e.g., salmonella, listeria, etc.), residues or contaminants.
- Perform direct, structured sampling involving Protein Fat Free (PFF), undeclared species, undeclared ingredients or suspected economic violations involving net weight or labeling.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/536254300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.