Applications under this job opportunity announcement will be considered under external competitive procedures only. This vacancy is also being advertised under merit promotion procedures as NPC-2019-0322, Supervisory Survey Statistician (M), which can be accessed at http://jobsearch.USAJOBS.gov/.
This is a Term Appointment, initial appointment is not to exceed 13 months. Term Appointments may be extended up to 4 years.Learn more about this agency
This position provides for an Assistant Branch Chief and may be assigned to either the Data Capture Branch or the Survey Processing Branch at the U.S. Census Bureau's National Processing Center (NPC) located in Jeffersonville, Indiana. This position is not included in the bargaining unit.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
The following duties are at the full performance level. If selected at the grade 12, the assigned duties will be developmental. The individual selected for this position will:
- Perform the full range of supervisory duties for branch operations, managing a workforce which ranges from 200 to 900 employees during major census periods;
- Be responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating statistical check-in, scanning and data collection responsibilities as they relate to current programs and/or major censuses such as Ag/Econ and Decennial;
- Participate with Branch Chief in developing strategies to accomplish the work;
- Independently plan, direct, and carry out assigned programs, and interpret statistical, operational, and administrative policy/regulations;
- Plan and initiate requests to obtain facilities, staff, equipment and other resources necessary to provide production and quality results consistent with objectives;
- Participate in planning and establishing methodology for check in, scanning and ADP census processing operations and related activities;
- Plan and develop preliminary budget forecasts and justifications for branch programs;
- Participates in and/or directs extensive studies and analyses of statistical data collection processes as they relate to survey operations;
- Be responsible satisfactory labor relations and effective personnel management, including such functions as awards, discipline, counseling, motivation and performance counseling and evaluation, etc.
Tour of Duty: Monday through Friday, hours between 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Alternate Work Schedule is available. Alternate Work Schedule is an 80-hour biweekly basic work requirement that is scheduled in less than 10 days; i.e., eight 9-hour days/nights, one 8-hour day/night, and one day off. Various flexible work schedules are available.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/534764200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.