The incumbent is responsible for providing a variety of health care functions such as assessment, treatment, counseling and education. The medical, dental and nursing needs for students are not predictable, but are normally of a non-critical nature.Learn more about this agency
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact:
Great Onyx in KY: Rita Bush at firstname.lastname@example.org or 270-286-1014 or 270-286-1015
Harpers Ferry in WV: Lisa Salmon at email@example.com or 304-724-3452
- Administer primary health care for illnesses, injuries, dental and mental health problems.
- Provide assessment, diagnosis and treatment of minor illness.
- Review and respond to requests for health care attention via sick call.
- Determine the priority of patient treatment, transport, or the transport destination based on the severity of their condition.
- Administer medications and treatments in accordance with authorized physicians Standing Orders.
- Counsel, educate, and train students on a variety of health subjects such as hygiene; prevention of pregnancy, STDs and HIV; nutrition and exercise; and specified information on illnesses and disease prevention.
- Counsel students about matters relevant to vocational and academic performance and related concerns.
- Instruct students regarding the importance of personal hygiene, professional appearance, job punctuality, and reliability
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532681400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.