ATC Spec. in the Terminal option control air traffic at airports and give pilots taxiing & takeoff instructions, air traffic clearances, and advice based on their own observations and information from the National Weather Service, Air Route Traffic Control Centers (ARTCC), flight service stations, pilots, and other sources. They transfer control of aircraft to the ARTCC controller when the aircraft leaves assigned airspace and they receive control of aircraft coming into assigned airspace.Learn more about this agency
This is an Air Traffic Control Specialist (ATCS) position responsible for the safe, orderly and expeditious movement of air traffic through the nation's airspace. Additional information regarding these positions is located at: http://www.faa.gov/jobs/job_opportunities/airtraffic_controllers/.
- Applicants will only be considered for the geographic location(s) selected in this application. If you are selected for a position, you will be informed of the facility location you are being offered. Selectees will be offered a temporary appointment in the ATCS occupation at an FAA facility based on their geographical preference(s), qualifications, and needs of the agency. Please find additional information in the time limited appointment section.
- AT-2152 AG is the position level for selectees who are NOT former FAA 2152 Certified Professional Controllers (CPC); salary will be set in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement, which states pay shall be set at the lowest developmental pay rate for the assigned facility. Position/facility offered will determine final salary.
- Appointees will enter the appropriate phase of field training as determined by the assigned facility to prepare for full certification to the CPC level. You must learn the skills needed for operation at higher levels of responsibility and obtain the facility ratings required for full performance at assigned facilities within uniformly applicable time limits.
- Failure to meet training requirements for or accept promotion to higher grade ATCS positions may constitute grounds for reassignment, demotion or separation from employment.
- .You will receive on-the-job training and pay increases, as appropriate, upon successful completion of the progressive phases of controller training at your assigned facility. Part of the on-the-job training may require that you complete certain specific training courses at the FAA Academy in Oklahoma City, OK.
Occasional travel - The job may require travel from time- to-time, but not on a regular basis. The travel may be for training or other work-related duties.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/531983200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.