Fields of study for NIH Student Trainees (Bio Science Lab Tech) may include, but are not limited to:
- Biological Science Technician
- Health Specialist
- Public Health Analyst
- Health Technician
- Performing a variety of standard and non-standard tests, examinations, and procedures in support of one or more higher-level technicians/scientists.
- Performing delicate manipulative work using specially designed tubes, glassware, and equipment.
- Calibrating, operating, and maintaining laboratory equipment which may include routine preparation and production of reagents, antigens, buffers, vaccines, and/or other biological material.
- Preparing and maintaining detailed and precise records of experiments.
- Recording instrument readings and/or takes measurements.
- Assisting with compilation, justification, and refinement of resulting data.
- Conducting literature searches of identified topics relevant to the research being done.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/530167700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.