This position is that of Unit Head for one of the three units in the Collection Development and Acquisitions Section. The Section is responsible for ensuring that the National Library of Medicine (NLM)selects and acquires biomedical literature for the modern NLM collection, including print and electronic resources and other digital content according to the guidelines of the Collection Development Manual of the National Library of MedicineLearn more about this agency
This position supervises eight professional librarians, technical information specialists, and library technical support personnel. Major areas of responsibility include managing a program for negotiating license agreements for access to electronic journals and other electronic information resources and supporting the application and review processes for selecting journals for NLM literature databases
- Overseeing negotiation of license agreements for access to electronic journals and other electronic information resources.
- Establishing guidelines for acceptable license terms to support NLM's mission and internal processing needs, including MEDLINE indexing, with a wide variety of publishers and intermediaries.
- Supporting the work of the Literature Selection Technical Review Committee (LSTRC), a U.S. government Federal Advisory Committee responsible for selecting journals for MEDLINE.
- Supervising two positions that serve as liaisons to journal publishers and editors who are applying to have their journals and other resources included in the NLM literature databases. These positions coordinate the review and selection of materials for NLM literature databases and develop and maintain processes and related documentation for this work.
- Assisting with maintenance of the Collection Development Manual of the National Library of Medicine.
- Managing creation and maintenance of records in the Electronic Resources Management System (ERMS) and SFX.
- Managing creation and maintenance of acquisitions and bibliographic records for electronic resources utilizing an integrated library system and other workflow tracking systems.
- Participating in the development and maintenance of automated systems to support these activities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/529261500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.