The Security Specialist is part of the Security Management Division (BX) which has agency-wide responsibility for personnel, physical and holdings security; oversight of controlled-access information, physical accessibility, emergency planning, and workplace health and safety at NARA-occupied Presidential Libraries and Federal Records Centers and other NARA leased facilities.Learn more about this agency
As a SECURITY SPECIALIST, GS-0080-12, your typical work assignments may include:
- Emergency employee and mission-critical emergency employee duties which are vital to public health, safety, welfare, national defense, or the operation of essential facilities or functions. Responds to emergency events that can cause deaths or significant injuries to employees, customers or the public; or that can shut down agency operations, disrupt operations, cause physical or environmental damage, or threaten the facility's financial standing or public image.
- Safeguard Classified, Restricted, and other National Security information and storage facilities, structures or containers where the information is stored, to include sensitive compartmented information facilities (SCIF). Also includes safeguarding other non-classified personally identifiable or high value information in support of NARA operational and personnel security requirements.
- Plan and provide oversight for security operational requirements to control personnel and parcel ingress, egress, and internal movement, to include, but not limited to, identification verification and access media control, key and lock control, fire and intrusion alarm system monitoring, to include direct, significant customer service for some of these functions.
- Process security background check applications for contractors, volunteers, and all other non-federal employees. Review background check results, conduct final suitability adjudications and document agency decision.
- Conduct and develop reports for physical security assessments, inspections and assistance visits of NARA facilities nationwide for adherence with applicable federal laws, regulations, policies or procedures related to physical and information security, fire prevention, life safety, OSHA, anti-terrorism and crime prevention to protect holdings, personnel and facilities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 10% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526535400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.