State of MD Class B CDL Required.Learn more about this agency
Operates large trucks (up to and including 17 1/2-ton capacity) and busses (up to 45-passenger capacity) for the transportation of personnel, supplies, mail and equipment between Baltimore and Washington, DC offices and other destinations. Operates a motor vehicle to chauffeur the Commissioner, Deputy Commissioner and Executive Staff between the agency's Baltimore and Washington, DC offices or other destinations. Other duties include:
- Performs special clerical duties in the Commissioner's Office in both the Baltimore and Washington, DC locations (e.g., delivery and/or pick-up of sensitive documents; filing, sorting and/or duplicating sensitive documents; etc).
- Inspects assigned vehicles to assure they are in proper driving condition (e.g., gas, oil, tires, lights, brakes, etc) and performs minor maintenance (e.g., replacing bulbs, cleaning windows).
- Makes emergency road repairs, as necessary.
- Keeps daily vehicle reports showing destination, arrival and departure times, quantities of supplies and equipment carried and condition of vehicle.
- Reports all accidents and any vehicle defects which need repair.
- Makes deliveries to predetermined receiving stations and picks up from predetermined dispatch stations.
- Makes internal building pick-up and deliveries as instructed by supervisor.
- Loads and unloads trucks; avoids overloading; distributes and balances loads.
- Recommends changes (when necessary) to preplanned routes and modifies or selects alternate routes to destinations, as necessary (e.g., because of detours and/or unusual traffic conditions).
- As assigned, operates light and medium trucks or passenger vehicles for the transportation of mail, supplies, equipment and/or passengers.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/522000600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.