This position is located in the Department of Health And Human Services, Office of the Secretary of Health and Human Services, Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology, headquartered in Washington.Learn more about this agency
Additional selections may be made across the Department of Health and Human Services in multiple locations through this vacancy announcement.
As a Senior Policy Advisor, GS-301-15, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Guides the development of Federal health IT priorities, policies, and implementation. Provides advice and assistance to senior officials in devising new approaches, developing new policies, and modifying programs designed to protect and improve the health of the nation.
- Conducts and coordinates outreach, establishes relationships, and supports strategic partnerships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Provides expert level content and strategy support to senior staff and policy officials regarding health IT regulatory policy, legislative law, regulatory formulation, and health service innovation. Serves as a liaison between ONC and other organization entities regarding implementation and evaluation of health IT policies.
- Serves as a key member of the program's planning staff and provides authoritative advice, technical guidance and significant contributions to management's policy decisions, as well as short and long-range plans concerning program strategies.
- Prepares summary papers for the Director and Deputy Director; identifies significant issues and probable impact on health IT, as well as crosscutting program activities.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/516128100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.