NOTE: This position is being advertised concurrently under Delegated Examining procedures. Current federal employees and applicants under special hiring authorities (e.g., Disabilities Program, Peace Corps, Former overseas employee, Former National Guard Technician, etc.) who wish to be considered may also apply under Merit Promotion procedures, Job Announcement number JD10329242GHM Open: 10/15/2018 Close: 10/30/2018.Learn more about this agency
This position is located within the Office of Innovation (V), Digital Engagement Division (VE). The Office of Innovation is responsible for agency digitization and digital strategy efforts, including the National Archives Catalog. This position serves as a Digital Format Specialist providing expert level support to ensure that NARA employs appropriate formats for digitization, digital preservation, and access.
As a DIGITAL FORMAT SPECIALIST, GS-0301-13, your typical work assignments may include the following under supervision:
- Contributes to, develops, and reviews proposals for changes in NARA's digitization strategy, policies, guidance, processes and procedures.
- Serves as an internal consultant to NARA business units on appropriate formats for digitization, digital preservation, and access. Includes the participation in the development, review and evaluation of digitization project plans. Develops training materials and provides training and assistance to NARA components and staff. Participates or leads workflow analysis and business process reengineering, and project management efforts.
- Contributes to the development of government, national, and international standards relating to digital records management. Supports and collaborates with other team members on review, comment, contributing content, and analyzing impact on and needs of NARA's offices in standards development.
- Develops and implements a methodology for identifying current and emerging formats for digitized and born-digital content in the context of NARA's digitization and public access policies, guidance, processes and procedures.
- Researches tools and process to support the use of automated, or semi-automated, tools for ensuring standards compliance, quality assurance and format validation
- Establishes and maintains documentation and tracking related to standards compliance that include the development of benchmarks and metrics that can be used to evaluate standards implementation. Develops and maintains a knowledge repository containing all gathered information on file formats, standards, metadata, and software programs.
- Provides support for all digitization projects including project plan review, communication and coordination with digitization partners, project tracking and the development and execution of associated reporting.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/513817500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.