Several positions are located in the Division of Library Operations (DLO):
- National Information Center on Health Services Research and Health Care Technology (NICHSR);
- Technical Services Division (TSD), Collection Development and Acquisitions Section (CDAS);
- Public Services Division (PSD), Reference and Web Services Section (RWSS);
- Bibliographic Services Division (BSD), Index Section (IS) and MEDLARS Management Section (MMS).
- Be responsible for the daily operations of one or more automated processing systems and any of the scheduled production jobs, batch processes or updates that are performed as part of the acquisitions and bibliographic control functions.
- Apply knowledge of library operating procedures, online files and processing procedures, system analysis techniques and bibliographic control standards to the solution of technical processing problems to improve operating efficiency.
- Review processes and make recommendation to senior management for modifications that improve the efficiency of operations and/or the quality of products.
- Prepare documentation for computer applications developed including user manuals, special instructions, and articles for publications describing files and processes.
- Serve as one of the principal liaisons to computer specialists and as a technical resource for cooperative efforts to integrate data with other library automation projects in the library.
- Review standards for machine-readable formats, electronic data exchange, representation of holdings data, etc., and make recommendations related to practices and adherence to the appropriate national and international standards.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/505295200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.