This position is located in the Division of Library Operations (DLO), Technical Services Division (TSD), Library Technology Services Section (LTSS).Learn more about this agency
As a Technical Information Specialist, you will:
- Serve in state-of-the-art information technologies and their application to library and information centers and development of new products, services, and delivery mechanisms.
- Support the computing needs by identifying requirements, developing new means of delivering services and information, coordinating and enabling implementation of new services, and supporting ongoing services.
- Serve as a manager to NLM Digital Collections.
- Be responsibile for examing and adopting new technologies to build and maintain robust systems for NLM resources.
- Lead project teams composed of a variety of members to conduct projects and research that requires to have a strong understanding of library technology, databases, software, and NLM policies and procedures.
- Lead and implement programs to test and evaluate NLM products and services through surveys, questionnaires, interviews, analytics, and other formal and informal evaluation tools.
- Serve as a liaison between NLM's Office of Computer and Communications Systems (OCCS) and DLO for recommending, testing, and implementing institution-wide and external network services.
- Collaboratively work with all types of libraries, government agencies and organizations working in biomedical and public health fields to determine strategies for exchanging information, improving services, and establishing cooperative projects.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/503203500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.