To be considered for this Recent Graduate position, you must:
- Have completed, within the previous two years, a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from an accredited educational institution;
- Veterans who were unable to apply for Pathways Recent Graduate jobs due to active military service are eligible for two years after release or discharge from active duty, up to six years after completing degree requirements.
This position will be posted at the GS-09/11 grade levels, with a full performance level of GS-12. The employee may be non-competitively promoted when qualified and recommended by management; however, promotions are not guaranteed.
The Recent Graduates Program affords developmental experiences intended to promote possible careers in the civil service to individuals who have recently graduated from a qualifying educational institutions or programs.
Successful applicants are placed in a one-year Excepted Service appointment and receive training and professional development, complete an Individual Development Plan (IDP), and are assigned a mentor. Under the formal training program, applicants will be provided a mentor and execute an Individual Development Plan outlining training requirements and program expectations. Participants who successfully complete the program may be converted to a term or permanent position.
To be eligible for conversion to a permanent or term position, Recent Graduates must:
- Be a United States citizen;
- Have successfully completed at least one-year of continuous service in addition to all requirements of the Program.
- Demonstrate successful job performance.
- Meet the Office of Personnel Management's qualifications for the position to which the Recent Graduate will be converted.
Learn more about this agency
This is an EXCEPTED SERVICE position.
As a full performance level Economist, you will:
- Perform economic analyses, which may require you to modify/adapt techniques and use innovative approaches.
- Compile, organize and analyze data, identify significant variables and underlying relationships.
- Evaluate impact of new technologies, systems and policies.
- Plan, design, conduct or monitor tests to obtain data.
- Prepare reports and charts to document study purposes, methods, premises and conclusions.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for meetings/training and/or rotational assignments.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Recent Graduates
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/501791300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.