The Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) is the public health agency in the U.S. Department of Agriculture responsible for ensuring that the nation's commercial supply of meat, poultry, and egg products is safe, wholesome and correctly labeled and packaged.
The Agricultural Act of 2014 was signed into law on February 7, 2014. This Act amends the Federal Meat Inspection Act (FMIA) to provide that all fish of the order Siluriformes, including catfish, basa, tra, and swai, or other species of the order Siluriformes are determined to be amenable species under the FMIA. FSIS
This position is located in the Philadelphia District Office, Office of Field Operations, Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Philadelphia, PA. The work schedule is fulltime, M-F, 7:30 am-4:00 pm and flextime and telework may be offered. Management may select at any level.
GS-05: $36,063 - $46,883 Per AnnumLearn more about this agency
GS-06: $40,198 - $52,252 Per Annum
GS-07: $44,670 - $58,070 Per Annum
The District Office is responsible for the overall management of an inspection and enforcement program involving meat, poultry, and egg products in several states. You would be providing clerical and technical assistance to the Resource Manager and Resource Management Specialists, or other district office personnel. This position is an excellent opportunity for those who are interested in utilizing their experience to help protect public health! As a Resource Management Assistant, here are some of the duties you will perform:
• Prepares documents and reports for the Resource Manager and others pertaining to resource management, inspection, and enforcement activity. Obtains data and prepares summaries and presentations in connection with analytical studies performed by the Resource Manager or other district personnel. Designs queries and reports from databases for ad hoc and recurring reports.
• Creates, modifies, accesses, and maintains various databases, spreadsheets, and other similar computer applications that facilitate resource management activities for the district. Such computer applications are used in most resource management areas such as personnel management, travel, training, budget, correspondence management, accountable property, etc.
• Compiles recurring and ad hoc reports for resource and budget planning activities by staff such as the Resource Manager and the District Manager.
• Responds to an established range of questions from field supervisors and employees in the absence of the Resource Manager and Resource Management Specialist(s). Obtains information from field employees. Coordinates and follows up directly with field supervisors and employees on various administrative issues.
• Prepares memoranda, reports, and other material to support the Resource Manager, Resource Management Specialist, or other district office personnel. Prepares and transmits forms in connection to resource management activities. Accesses various online systems in conjunction with resource management activities.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens; no prior Federal experience is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/498172500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.