This position is located in the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoDIG), Office of the Deputy Inspector General for Investigations (DIG-INV), Defense Criminal Investigative Service (DCIS), in Alexandria, VA.Learn more about this agency
As a Supervisory Criminal Investigator (Deputy Assistant Inspector General for Investigations (DAIGI) your typical work assignments may include the following:
- Directs a staff of criminal Investigators and support staff in the accomplishment of all investigative activities pursuant to Federal Statutes, DoD policy and general office instructions.
- Recommends the hiring, promotion, and reassignment of employees; evaluates performance; approves leave; authorized travel; receives and resolves complaints; identifies development needs and provides development and training of employees.
- Ensures the protection, storage, and destruction of all information concerning the subjects of investigations according to DoD OIG policy, Freedom of Information Act and the Privacy Act.
- Analyzes new or revised regulations, policies, Federal Statues, and procedures effecting agency programs.
- Analyzes criminal complaints and information requiring possible investigation, determines patterns and trends of alleged criminal activities, and recommends appropriate action to be taken.
- Responsible for analyzing all preliminary criminal or civil final investigative reports to ensure compliance with investigative policy, directives, professional standards and guidelines.
- Plans, directs, coordinates, and develops special investigative techniques and policies including undercover and initiative operations, consensual monitoring, and use of OIG s subpoenas.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel up to 25% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/497798300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.