Learn more about this agency
A Unified Organization Working as One Team
If you would like to be a part of a federal organization dedicated to serving our Nation and those who defend it, consider a career with the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG). The agency promotes integrity, accountability and improvement of critical DoD programs and operations to support mission accomplishment and to serve the public interest. The DoD OIG offers the full range of Federal benefits (see link below) and a flexible work schedule, depending on position requirements.
This position is located in the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG), Office of the Deputy Inspector General for Administrative Investigations (DIG-AI), Directorate for Investigations Hotline.
As an Investigator (Hotline) your typical work assignments may include the following under little supervision:
- Independently conducts sensitive, complex investigations into allegations involving DOD officials and special assignments, as directed.
- Processes Classified hotline complaints relating to intelligence matters using systems that disseminate and store SCI information.
- Conducts preliminary inquiries to determine whether issues have merit, have already been investigated by another organization, and if more formal inquiry is appropriate.
- Ensures complaint information is properly coded and entered into the hotline database.
- Reviews hotline reports and findings of investigations to ensure progress is being made in accordance with established guidelines. Recommends further action, if necessary.
- Conducts oversight reviews of inquiries conducted by Inspectors General of the Military Departments and Defense Agencies.
- Maintains contact with DoD OIG staff offices and designated officials.
- As necessary, briefs DoD OIG management, other senior DoD officials, Members of Congress and their staff on the status and results of investigations, oversight reviews, and special projects.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel less than 10% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496748600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.