IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE ANNOUNCEMENT PRIOR TO SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATIONLearn more about this agency
This is a term position not to exceed two years and may be extended two years.
This is an episodic, intermittent position, on an irregular or occasional basis with hours and days of work not on a prearranged schedule and with compensation for the actual time employed or for service rendered.
- Provides care for victims during a mission or other assignment such as providing supplemental staffing to the local medical infrastructure during mass casualty incidents.
- Assesses patient health problems and needs, develops and implements nursing care plans, and maintains medical records.
- Performs primary care assessments to include medical histories and implements nursing care plans according to standardized medical protocols for emergency preparedness and response.
- Prepares and administers medications and intravenous therapy, and monitors and documents patient response.
- Observes, interprets, and reports changes in patient condition, medical data, or
diagnostic test results, and takes necessary corrective actions or reports to physician.
- Provides acute care services that include medical emergencies to prevent loss of life or limb to relieve suffering until patients can be transferred to a treatment facility.
NOTE: This vacancy will be filled through OPM's Direct Hire authority. Veterans' Preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to positions filled under this announcement. Please click here for more information on OPM's Authorization of Direct Hire authority.
76% or greater - 95% Domestic and 5% international travel.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496724600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.