This position is located in the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG), Office of the Deputy Inspector General for Investigations (DIG-INV), Defense Criminal Investigative Service (DCIS), AIGI Internal Operations, Internal Operations Directorate, Internal Support. Division.Learn more about this agency
As an Editor your typical work assignments may include the following under supervision:
- Reviews and edits written products including policy documents, investigations policy and procedures manuals and guides, and ensures they are written in accordance with the professional standards.
- Reviews reports, memoranda, correspondence, and other written products and recommends edits as required for readability, tone and style to be suitable for the intended audience.
- Recommends new presentation formats to ensure that material is presented clearly and in accordance with established templates and correspondence guides.
- Recommends and discusses with the author(s) editorial changes designed to enhance the clarity of the information, grammatical accuracy, and consistency of presentation.
- Ensures clarity and correctness of spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ensures that statements are complete, clear, and logical; that technical terminology is uniform; that syntax and expression are consistent; and that report organization is logical and conveys the desired emphasis.
- Reviews draft policy documents for adherence to the DoD Issuances guidelines.
- Independently develops complex training material on report preparation, writing techniques, and technical writing matters (e.g., punctuation, grammar, capitalization) and provides training to directorate personnel in a classroom setting.
- Coaches individuals on their writing skills.
- Stays up-to-date on, and ensure compliance with agency and government policies and procedures on report writing style and format.
- Establishes and operates in a SharePoint environment for editorial collaboration and organization of written products.
- Develops PowerPoint presentations, web pages, and other media in support of INV?s mission.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496706000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.