This is a developmental Air Traffic Control Specialist (ATCS) position responsible for the safe, orderly and expeditious movement of air traffic through the New York Terminal Radar Approach Control (TRACON) airspace.Business Component:
Air Traffic Organization, Eastern Terminal Service Area, New York TRACONLearn more about this agency
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS FOR CANDIDATES WHO HAVE MAINTAINED AT LEAST 52 CONSECUTIVE WEEKS OF AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL EXPERIENCE INVOLVING THE FULL-TIME ACTIVE SEPARATION OF AIR TRAFFIC AFTER RECEIPT OF AN ATC CERTIFICATION OR FACILITY RATING WITHIN 5 YEARS OF APPLICATION WHILE SERVING AT:
- a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) air traffic control facility; OR
- a civilian or military air traffic control facility of the Department of Defense; OR
- a tower operating under contract with the FAA under section 47124
Duty location for these positions is N90/NEW YORK TRACON LOCATED IN WESTBURY, NY.
Air Traffic Control Specialists in the Terminal Approach Control provides radar services to aircraft arriving and departing airports and transiting Terminal airspace. They transfer control of aircraft to the ARTCC controller when the aircraft leaves assigned airspace and they receive control of aircraft coming into assigned airspace.
This is a developmental Air Traffic Control Specialist (ATCS) position responsible for the safe, orderly and expeditious movement of air traffic through the New York Terminal Radar Approach Control (TRACON) airspace.
- As a new ATCS, you will spend your first several weeks of employment in an intensive training program at the FAA Academy in Oklahoma City, OK. While attending training you will be on a temporary appointment. Applicants selected will receive air traffic control training at the FAA Academy, which includes:
- Complete occupational indoctrination including highlights of Federal employment, familiarization with organizational structure & functions, aircraft, air traffic control system, & aviation industry, classroom instruction & workshop exercises relating to the air traffic control system.
- FAA Radar Training
- TRACON Skills Enhancement workshop
- Advanced TRACON skills training focusing on skills required for success at New York TRACON
- ATCS's will be paid long term expense rate (per diem) for Oklahoma City, OK to help offset daily cost of living while attending FAA Academy. FAA will pay for cost of travel in accordance with applicable agency policies.
- Individuals who do not successfully complete training at the FAA Academy and all other necessary requirements will have their employment terminated.
- Prior failure of FAA Academy training or prior declination of permanent facility placement offer after completing Academy training may constitute a basis for non-selection and/or veterans' preference pass over.
Additional information regarding these positions is located at: http://www.faa.gov/jobs/job_opportunities/airtraffic_controllers/
- Positions offered may be:
- AT-2152 AG - this is the position level for selectees who are NOT former FAA 2152 Certified Professional Controllers (CPC); salary $39,115 plus applicable locality pay based on facility assignment.
- AT-2152 - xD/xF/xG - these are position levels for former FAA developmental controllers rehired within 1 year of separation; salary $47,928 to $109,389 plus applicable locality pay based on facility assignment.
- Pay rates for FAA employees, including locality pay, are capped by law at $189,600 - the rate for the level II of the Executive Schedule (P.L. 104-264 paragraph 40122 c).
- Failure to meet training requirements may constitute grounds for reassignment, demotion or separation from employment.
- You will receive on-the-job training and pay increases, as appropriate, upon successful completion of the progressive phases of controller training at your assigned facility. Part of the on-the-job training may require that you complete certain specific training courses at the FAA Academy in Oklahoma City, OK.
Not required - The job does not require any travel.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. Citizens - CANDIDATE MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF 52 CONSECUTIVE WEEKS POST CERTIFICATION AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL EXPERIENCE WITHIN THE LAST 5 YEARS
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/494263000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.