It is anticipated that there will be significant interest in the announcement. As a result, the announcement will close at 11:59 p.m. ET on the date of receipt of the 200th application or at 11:59 p.m. ET on 2/16/18; whichever occurs first. Any required documents should be submitted at the time that you apply as documents will not be accepted after the vacancy closes.Learn more about this agency
OIG is organized into three line elements: the Offices of Investigations, Audits and Evaluations, and Healthcare Inspections; along with the Office of Contract Review and the Office of Management and Administration. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 30 cities throughout the country.
The Nurse Consultant, located in the Office of Office of Inspector General (OIG), is responsible for conducting oversight, monitoring, and evaluation of Veterans Health Administration (VHA) quality improvement programs and the activities of the VA Office of the Medical Inspector.
As a Nurse Consultant, you will:
- Manage, evaluate, and oversee of clinical and operational activities that are part of broad national VHA medical center programs supported by VA Office of the Medical Inspector
- Assist the project leader in a broad range of Quality Management (QM) and health care program inspections and evaluations.
- Plan, coordinate, and/or conduct extensive pre-inspection clinical research, and provide appropriate guidance to non-clinical team members where such is needed.
- Plan and schedule project briefings and training sessions for all project participants.
- Independently inspect/evaluate sensitive QM/clinical program issues that concern the IG, the Secretary or Deputy Secretary, or Congress.
50% or less - Frequently travel nationwide under tight deadlines. The incumbent should anticipate frequent walking and standing as a component of this travel.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…U.S. citizens or U.S. Nationals; no prior Federal experience is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/490272900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.