Are you looking for a leadership opportunity in a progressive organization dedicated to continuous improvement? DCAA is ranked in the top third of the "Best Places to Work in the Federal Government." Join the elite cadre of audit managers who have made DCAA their employer of choice. You will be providing a unique service to your country and making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere!Learn more about this agency
Reemployed annuitant: This vacancy does not meet the criteria for appointment of annuitants.
All new employees are required to attend a two week orientation in Atlanta, GA beginning their first day of DCAA employment.
Multiple selections will be made from this job announcement for a position with the same title, series, grade(s), promotion potential, general job responsibilities and a duty location listed in this job announcement.
The salaries listed above are the base salary and locality pay for the Rest of U.S. pay schedule at the GS-05, step 01 and the GS-05, step 10 levels. The General Schedule (GS) basic pay schedule varies by geographic locality. To view pay rates in a specific location visit the Office of Personnel Management pay tables at http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/
You are limited to selecting three geographic locations for this announcement. However, if an insufficient number of well qualified applicants are available for any DCAA location on this job announcement, you may be contacted for interest in additional locations.
Some locations have multiple offices located within the commuting area. Selecting one of these locations will result in consideration at all of the locations within the commuting area. Please see "Other Information" for a description of co-located positions.
Change in assignments of auditors in grades GS-5 through GS-12 positions are an inherent part of career development and training. Auditors may be rotated within commuting areas where sufficiently diverse work assignments are available. Further, a management directed change in location within the
Washington D.C. Metro area can be required at any time if there is a need to accomplish a bona fide mission objective that is specified in writing.
- As part of a team - plans, performs and reports contract audit assignments in connection with procurement and contracting activities between the Federal Government and the Contractor.
- Serves as an auditor trainee assigned to a Field Audit Office within Region or Corporate Audit Directorate (CAD).
- Accomplishes a variety of trainee level contract audit work assignments designed to provide familiarity with the Agency mission and experience in practical application of contract auditing, Generally Accepted Government Audit Standards (GAGAS) and cost accounting principles, procedures and techniques.
- Performs relatively simple standard audit assignments such as examining and reviewing accounting documents (timecards, reports, invoices, purchase orders, etc.) to determine if transactions were properly supported, mathematically correct, charged to appropriate contract or cost center, and allowable, allocable and reasonable.
- Assists audit team with the compilation, arrangement and evaluation of data and preparation of audit working papers and summaries detailing the results of the work for audit steps. Actively and positively participates with other team members, providing updates on the status of auditor assignments and sharing information.
25% or less - See the Other Information section for more information on Travel Requirements.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Individuals who completed a qualifying degree or certificate from a qualifying education institution within the previous 2 years of the announcement open date. Veterans unable to apply within 2 years of receiving their degree, due to military service obligation, have a full 2-year eligibility period upon his/her release or discharge from active duty. The eligibility period for veterans must be within 6 years of degree completion.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/486747300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.