The VA Caribbean Healthcare System provides services to a population of 150,000 Veterans in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. In FY 2008, the VA Caribbean Healthcare System registered 66,955 unique patients with 11,428 inpatient treated and provided 927,072 outpatient visits at all clinic areas in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
In addition to our main facility in San Juan, we offer services in multispecialty clinics and community-based outpatient clinics (CBOC). These clinics are located in:
This announcement requires you to submit a RESUME and TQ narrative. See specific information under the "How to Apply" section.
VA structures its SES positions into pay bands. This is a pay band 1 position and the salary range is $119,554 - $179,700. This position is eligible for Critical Pay, extending the salary range up to $196,300. This assignment includes a cost of living allowance.
A Relocation or Recruitment Incentive and/or Appraised Value Offer may be authorized.
The Health System Administrator (Medical Center Director) is responsible to the Veterans Integrated Service Network (VISN) Director. The position requires the effective and economical direction, control, and operation of the VA Medical Center (VAMC). The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Full delegated line authority and responsibility for executive level management of the VAMC. Overall responsibility for planning, organizing, coordinating, controlling, reviewing, evaluating, and improving medical, administrative, and support operations of the medical facility.
· Makes final decisions which have a direct and substantial impact on the healthcare organization and programs. Such decisions affect the nature, scope, and quality of patient care programs and activities.
· Establishes VAMC policies and procedures consistent with the VISN, Veterans Health Administration (VHA) and VA corporate guidelines.
· Determines program goals and objectives, and develops short-range and long-range plans for achieving strategic direction consistent with the VISN, VHA and VA Strategic, Performance and Operating goals.
· Develops and maintains cooperative relationships with other Federal government agencies, local and state governments, community organizations and other health care providers in VAMC's service area.
· Fosters positive relations with the news media, Congressional staff, service organizations, and volunteer groups.
· As the Equal Employment Officer (EEO) for the VAMC, the Director has important motivational and executive leadership responsibilities with respect to planning, directing, reviewing, evaluating, and improving the EEO and other special employment initiatives required by statute, regulations, and policy.
Occasional travel - Travel to meetings representing the Medical Center.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…All groups of qualified individuals
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/482697500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.