This position will be located within the Congressional and Public Affairs Office (CPAO), a division of the Office of Public Affairs and Consumer Education (OPACE). The Congressional and Public Affairs Office provides information products or services to varied audiences, including Congress, the media, and constituent groups. Information products include news releases and recall releases, fact sheets, the FSIS Constituent Update, reports to Congress, and speeches.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Serves as a public affairs specialist in developing and writing a variety of communications and public affairs materials. Special emphasis is on press releases and talking points, but could also include speeches, special reports, fact sheets, feature articles, publications, briefings, backgrounders, and other informational materials designed to reach general and specialized audiences.
- Assists in recommending and developing communication plans to develop and disseminate materials conveying factual and basic information about the Agency's programs in order to increase understanding and awareness.
- Reviews and analyzes the effect and impact of all information efforts and assisting in recommending possible means to better inform a variety of audiences about programs affecting them.
- Maintains contact with constituent groups and members of the press who are interested in the Agency's goals and objectives, and assists in responding to information requests either in writing or oral form, that often require explanation of the Agency's activities or performance.
- Aids in establishing and maintaining liaison with industry, constituent groups, and public and private organizations interested in or affected by the Agency's goals and objectives.
- Other duties as needed and/or assigned.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required based on the needs of the Agency.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…US Citizens and Nationals; no prior Federal experience is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/476821900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.