Whether you are new to the Federal Government or an experienced professional seeking a career change, you can make history at the National Archives. Our dedicated staff works across a variety of career fields to safeguard the records of the Federal Government - more than 10 billion of them.Learn more about this agency
This position is part of the SEATTLE FEDERAL RECORDS CENTER, National Archives and Records Administration. As a Archives Technician, you will be performing tasks which are incidental to reference service, transfers, disposition, retrieval, relocation, refiling, and interfiling of records.
Visit our Employee Gallery at www.archives.gov/careers to see the kinds of dynamic projects our staff are undertaking. If you want a career where you can see the difference your work makes, then join the National Archives!
For more information visit: https://www.archives.gov/frc/seattle/
As a Archives Technician, GS-1421-5, your typical work assignments may include the following under supervision:
- Providing reference service by searching for, refiling, or interfiling records in any of the records center holdings
- Handling problem cases and requests requiring a composed reply
- Providing training and guidance to lower graded employees
- As directed, batching and distributing work, completing and reviewing task sheet information, and pre-selecting audits
- Assisting with mail processing and other general office activities as required
- Working with and providing technical assistance to employees in the proper placement of new transfers, and in the relocation and disposal of records
- Processing transfer shipments and reporting discrepancies
- Conducting a quality check to ensure records are properly removed and placed correctly on shelving
- Indicating completion of shelving on appropriate forms and preparing computer input documentation
- Ensuring timely and accurate accomplishment of records disposal and assuring that proper witness disposal procedures are followed.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/475771400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.