The Department of Justice is the Nation's Top law enforcement agency and is ranked by the Partnership for Public Service as one of the top 3 places to work in the Federal government! The Department of Justice (DOJ), Office of the Inspector General (OIG) is one of the premier federal Inspector General offices with a prestigious team of professionals. The Investigations Division is charged with ensuring the integrity of the top law enforcement agency in the country. The Division's special agents investigate allegations of bribery, fraud, abuse, and violations of civil rights and other laws, policies and procedures that govern DOJ employees, contractors and grantees. Working with prosecutors, the special agents develop cases for criminal prosecution and for civil or administrative action. The Division's Special Agents have statutory law enforcement to carry firearms, make arrests, serve subpoenas and seek and execute arrest and search warrants. For more information on the OIG, please visit our website at https://oig.justice.gov/.
This position is located in the Investigations Division, Los Angeles Field Office (LAFO), Glendale, CA.
This vacancy may be used to fill other similar and/or comparable positions throughout the agency within the stated duty station.Learn more about this agency
If selected for this position, your typical assignments will include, but not limited to the following:
· Serve as the Special Agent in Charge (SAC) for the LAFO and will be responsible for oversight of all criminal and administrative investigations related to all components and offices within the Department of Justice, to include the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI), the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).
· Provides management, direction, and supervision to Criminal Investigators engaged in investigations of the most critical or sensitive importance; ensures that the review of all reports of investigations (criminal and non-criminal) are in compliance with applicable policy, procedures, standards and format; and ensures that all aspects of allegations have been properly investigated and documented.
· Performs the administrative and human resources management functions relative to the staff supervised. Plans, schedules, and assigns work to subordinates.
· Establishes guidelines and performance expectations for staff members; provides feedback and periodically evaluates employee performance. Performs long and short-range planning, making work assignments and adjustments to accomplish the work of the office.
· Interviews applicants, recommends selection or non-selection, develops performance standards and recommends promotions, awards and training.
Occasional travel - 20% or greater
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/466951000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.