How to filter results by appointment type
The Federal Government classifies jobs using the term “appointment type”. There are many appointment types including permanent, temporary and appointments geared towards students. You can filter your results by one or more appointment types.
A job with multiple appointment types usually means there is more than one position that can be filled and the appointment types may vary.
Permanent appointments have no set time-limit.
Temporary appointments have a set time-limit and include the following:
- Detail – A temporary assignment to another job. You must be a current federal employee to apply to detail jobs.
- Term – A job that may last one to four years.
- Temporary – A job that will last no longer than one year.
- Seasonal – An annually recurring job that may last six months or more in one year.
- Internship – A job for current students (paid and unpaid) to learn about federal careers while remaining in school.
- Recent graduate – A job for recent graduates seeking a career development program.
- Summer – A job available during the summer months and is usually for students.