How to make your resume and profile searchable
Making your resume searchable adds it to the USAJOBS Resume Mining collection. HR specialists and hiring managers from federal agencies use resume mining to look for people (with a searchable resume in their USAJOBS profile) to fill their job vacancies.
Plus, when your resume is searchable and you have completed your profile, your profile is searchable too.
Keep in mind:
- You can only make one resume searchable at a time.
- Only certain formats are searchable including Word, text based pdfs, text files and resumes created using our Resume Builder tool.
- Your resume will only remain searchable for 18 months unless it is renewed.
- Your profile will be searchable too, if it’s complete.
Why make my resume and profile searchable?
HR specialists and hiring managers can search your resume and profile to match your work preferences and background with the jobs they’re trying to fill.
To make your resume searchable:
- Sign into USAJOBS and go to your Profile.
- Go to Documents–your resumes will appear in your Documents.
- Click the Searchable checkbox on the resume you want to make searchable—if your profile is complete, it will become searchable too.
If you want to remove your resume from the Resume Mining collection, deselect the Searchable checkbox.