About the Position: This position ensures that historic built environment resources are given full consideration in assigned projects in the Seattle District's Civil Works and Military programs, as well as to support DoD installations and other federal agencies. For assigned projects, the incumbent generally acts with independence in matters regarding historic structures and buildings and coordinates internally as a member of the Seattle District cultural resources program team. The position also assists the Technical Center of Expertise, Preservation of Historic Structures and Buildings (TCX), a program of national service and scope for the treatment and management of historic built environment resources.Learn more about this agency
- Perform field and office work to assure built environment resources are given full consideration in a program of planning, design, construction, and operation.
- Manage the programmatic framework and coordination for built environment projects/programs at Federal dams, locks, and other operating projects, including developing treatment protocols and Historic Property Management Plans.
- Provide guidance in the fields of history, architectural history, historic preservation, and cultural resources management relative to studies or projects.
- Assist the TCX Program Manager with historic built environment projects, including National Register evaluations, historic context studies, historic property treatment and planning, and training for Corps classes and DoD personnel.
- Establish built environment or historic preservation project scopes, schedules and budgets, workload strategies and priorities, and historic preservation program goals.
- Manage built environment or historic preservation budgets and contracts, including preparing statements of work and cost estimates for studies or services to be conducted by contractors.
- Coordinate built environment or historic preservation studies to assure timely interface with investigations and construction schedules being conducted by other District programs.
- Assure that agency actions are in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, etc.
- Prepare environmental documents relating to built environment and historic cultural resources.
Occasional travel - Up to 20% temporary duty travel (TDY) may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496511000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.