As a AIRCRAFT ELECTRICIAN, WG-2892-10, duties include:
(l) Functionally tests, troubleshoots, inspects, adjusts, aligns, calibrates and repairs the entire range of aircraft electrical systems to insure maximum operating efficiency. Repairs complex power control and warning systems such as, master control panels, analyzing units, master caution panels, voltage regulators, supervisory panels, AC/DC generators, starters, inverters, indicating instruments, linear actuators and utility system control units. Fabricates, repairs and replaces wiring harness, cannon plugs and connectors. electric motors and modifications as directed by higher authority.
(2) Selects, operates. maintains and repairs specialized test equipment, measuring equipment and common shop equipment such as multimeters, vacuum tube voltmeters, tube testers, oscilloscopes, insulation testers, vary drives, magneto test stands, and electrical equipment test stands. Calibrates and adjusts amplifiers, control boxes, and other equipment that vary voltage, resistance. frequency and load for analyzing various characteristics of electrical shop and test equipment. Must maintain a working knowledge of electrical and mechanical principles as applies to avionics systems to include a working knowledge of wiring diagrams. blueprints, technical publication and schematics.
(3) Selects. studies. utilizes and updates technical manuals, TWXs, newsletters, MWOs and files in support of functional area of responsibility. Assists with identification and requisition of tools, parts, equipment and bench stock required.
(4) Performs such travel as may be required in the accomplishment of assigned duties and the organizational mission.
(5) Performs on-the-job training as required. Evaluates training effectiveness.
(6) May assist authorized firefighters in the performance of fire/crash/rescue duties as required.
(7) May assist in other functions within the component repair shop in the accomplishment of mission requirements.
(8) Performs other duties as required.
Conditions of Employment
- Military membership in the Nebraska National Guard Membership is required.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Obtain/maintain the level of security clearance/background check required
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Direct Deposit is mandatory
- Individuals with military incentive bonuses may be subject to recoupment.
COVID-19 IMMUNIZATION: As required by Executive Order 14043, employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee's duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to meet the COVID-19 vaccine requirements established by your military component. The Nebraska National Guard will provide additional information regarding what information or documentation will be needed and how you can request of the agency a legally required exception from this requirement. Proof of vaccination must be provided prior to appointment.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is a Title 32 excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING ELIGIBILITY TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA ARMY NATIONAL GUARD PLEASE CONTACT THE LOCAL RECRUITING OFFICE AT 402-309-7458.
OPEN AREAS OF CONSIDERATION: AREA 1, 2 and 3
DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
AREA 1: Current permanent and indefinite technicians of the Nebraska Army or Air National Guard; and current Title 5 employees of the Nebraska Military Department who are military members of the Nebraska National Guard.
AREA 2: All Drill Status/M-Day members and temporary technicians of the Nebraska Air or Army National Guard.
AREA 3: Current military service members who are willing and eligible to become members of the Nebraska Air or Army National Guard.
AREA 4: All qualified candidates eligible and willing to become a member of the Nebraska National Air or Army National Guard prior to the effective date of hire.
Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement. This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Nebraska Army National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
Military Grades: Maximum: E6; Minimum: E1;Military Grade inversion within the full time work forces is not permitted. The military grade of the full time supervisor must equal or exceed the military grade of the personnel supervised.
Compatibility will be followed in accordance with 32 USC 709(b) and 10 USC 10216
Compatibility requirements must be met prior to appointment to the position. Selectee has 24 months to become qualified in a compatible military assignment.
Security Clearance/Background Check requirements:
In order to comply with US DOD requirements and ensure the safety and security of the missions, programs, property and personnel of the Nebraska Military Department, employees must obtain the appropriate background investigation and maintain the level of security clearance assigned to their respective work.
Failure to obtain, within one year of appointment, and maintain the designated type of security clearance/background check required for the respective work may result in a job offer being rescinded, separations of employment, or other actions as may be deemed in the best interest of the agency.
Prior to appointment individuals must meet the security clearance requirements for the position or submit the required documents of the Nebraska National Guard, Personnel Security Manager for processing the appropriate investigation. Required forms: SF86, PSIP Initiation Form, Fingerprints, OF306 and Application/Resume.
Nebraska National Guard Personnel Security Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org; 402-309-8319
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience or training which has provided a knowledge and skill in locating and tying in the electrical systems with the aircraft armament, electronics, and instrument systems; adjusting and calibrating the components of the various electrical systems; reading and interpreting blueprints, wiring diagrams and schematics.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must posses 18 months experience or training installing, maintaining, repairing and modifying electrical systems and major substation components of electrical system. Experience diagnosing malfunctions and determining remedy when complex relationships exists among different electrical system circuits requiring knowledge of all electrical units and systems. Experience making electrical repairs that require the use of precision measuring equipment and common hand tools. Experience in the setup and operation of computerized multiple circuit analyzing equipment in manual, semiautomatic, or automatic mode to run existing and new (not fully debugged) diagnostic programs to test and analyze aircraft electrical circuitry and interconnecting cabling of systems such as navigational computers, radar, and related equipment and to repair discrepancies.
No substitution of education for this position
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT & NOTES:
1. Must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance of the position.
2. This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
3. Ability to establish effective professional working relationships with coworkers and customers, contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the mission.
4. May occasionally be required to work other than normal duty hours; overtime may be required.
5. The duties and responsibilities of your job may significantly impact the environment. You are responsible to maintain awareness of your environmental responsibilities as dictated by legal and regulatory requirements, your organization, and its changing mission.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. Your answers to the assessment questionnaire will be verified against information provided in your resume and other supporting documentation. Be sure that your resume clearly supports your responses to all the questions addressing experience and education relevant to this position.
In describing your experience, please be clear and specific, we will not make assumptions regarding your experience. If, after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications or experiences, your rating will be adjusted or you may be excluded from consideration for this position.
Your qualifications will be evaluated against general and specialized experience under the "Qualifications" section and against the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Knowledge of Electrical Equipment, Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, Repair, etc., and Reading Comprehension
To preview the assessment questionnaire, please use the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11286322
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (Eastern) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
Qualified candidates will be referred to the selecting official in the following order:
1. Fully qualified Area 1 applicants
2. Fully qualified Area 2 applicants
3. Fully qualified Area 3 applicants