Are you a highly motivated individual, and thrive in a fast-paced, and energetic environment? If so we are searching for a Human Resources Professional with a strong background in Employee Relations and Labor Relations. This position is located in the Office of the Director (OD), Office of Human Resources (OHR), Workforce Relations Division (WRD), Employee Relations and Labor Relations Branch (ERLB).Learn more about this agency
- Provide employees with interpretations of employee relations procedures, practices, policies, and guidelines in which the issues involved are new, controversial, precedent-setting, and/or involve more than one area of HR policy.
- Provide employee relations advice and guidance to management and employees and serve as a technical resource on performance and conduct-based actions and related employee relations program policies and practices.
- Advise management on employee discipline, adverse actions, performance, complaints/grievances, appeals, denials of within-grade increases, attendance and leave issues, employee conduct, employee benefits and retirement, as well as general concerns about employee-supervisor relations.
- Represent management in unfair labor practice (ULP) and representation hearings.
- Provide staff advisory services; assess potential impact and precedent-setting implications of pending disputes before third party authorities resolve unfair labor practice charges and complaints; participate in the arbitration of grievances and in the resolution of negotiability issues; and determine the conformance of labor agreements with applicable laws.
- Serves as a management team member to provide strategic labor relations advisory services on organization-wide strategic plans and complex organizational issues.
- Serve as an authoritative local interpreter of labor relations law, regulation, Executive orders, and decisions of labor relations formal bodies and serves as a point of contact on labor-management matters of overall concern to established bargaining units at the local level.
- Conduct extensive research into cases to preclude or counter arguments during bargaining and negotiations; negotiate settlement agreements; and/or provide labor relations consultative service on reorganizations, realignments, relocations, reductions in force, transfers of function and outsourcing to educate management on potential impact of these decisions on bargaining unit employees.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/617311500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.