This position is located in the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Office of the Actuary (OACT), Medicare and Medicaid Cost Estimates Group (MMCEG).Learn more about this agency
As a Actuary, GS-1510-13, you will serve as a technical consultant throughout the Government on Medicare and Medicaid cost estimate issues and develop long-range and short-range cost estimates.
- Develop estimation methodologies and models for historical and projected program operations and for proposed program changes.
- Analyze the recent financial experience and prepares estimates of future experience for the Medicare and Medicaid programs.
- Provide authoritative actuarial consultation and advice on a wide range of program issues, other CMS and government components, Congressional staff, professional organizations, and other health care policy groups.
- Prepare cost estimates and support material for the Medicare program for each stage of the budget cycle for use in the President?s budget.
- Develops Medicare and Medicaid cost estimates that involve coordination with actuaries developing estimates for Title II Disability Insurance benefits and/or Title XVI Supplemental Security Income payments.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 5% for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616941100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.