Are you interested in a rewarding and challenging career? Join the U.S. Small Business Administration, Office of Inspector General! SBA OIG provides auditing, investigative, and other high quality services to support and assist the SBA in achieving its mission. We promote open and honest communication and encourage a positive work environment. We are listed among the top ranked agencies in the Partnership for Public Service's 2019 Best Places to Work in the Federal Government!Learn more about this agency
As an Investigative Analyst is the Investigations Division, you will:
- Gather data on individuals or businesses who are subjects of allegations or investigations by querying a variety of resources, including law enforcement and intelligence databases, computerized recordkeeping systems, and SBA commercial databases.
- Monitor, coordinate, research, analyze, and evaluate incoming allegations.
- Perform online research and data mining for complex fraud investigations.
- Assist case agents in conducting investigations by participating in interviews of subjects and witnesses and attending meetings.
- Thoroughly analyze investigative records, assist in preparing IG and grand jury subpoenas.
- Research regulations, case precedents and other areas as required on individual cases.
- Analyze computerized data for internal and external statistical reporting.
- Develop, write, and edit investigative reports and related correspondence.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/616902100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.